Home >> Bureau of Long Term Care and Behavioral Health Services >> Nursing Facilities >> Nurse Aides
Code of Federal Regulations
SC Human Affairs Commission
SC Attorney General's office
SC Labor Board
Information on EMT Certification
SC Commission on Higher Education
- How to become a South Carolina Certified Nurse Aide
- (CNA) See Candidate Handbook
- How to transfer your certification from another state to SC.
- Reciprocity to SC (See Application for Enrollment by Reciprocity)
- All CNAs must keep their address current at the SC Nurse Aide Registry at all times.
- How to change your name and/or address on the SCNAR
- Call 1-800-475-8290
- How to verify the status of a SC CNA
- (See Search the Nurse Aide Registry)
- Other states' Nurse Aide Registries
- Other states' Nurse Aide Registries
- How to Find a State Approved Nurse Aide Training Program
List of Open State Approved Nurse Aide Training Programs by city
- Information for Nurse Aides with Criminal Backgrounds
- Information on criminal background
- How current and former military personnel may become CNAs
- Fax a copy of your Military Experience and Training Verification to 803-364-0462 Or call 803-315-1366
- How to become a CNA if you completed a state approved training program in another state but are no longer certified in any states?
- See page 3 or the Candidate Handbook
- How can LPN or RN nursing students may become CNAs
- Fax a copy of your College Transcript to 803-364-0462 (Include your name and address phone number on the cover page) Or call 803-315-1366
- How to start a Nurse Aide Training Program
- (See Training Program Packet)
- How to find out if you are being investigated or if an action is an offense or ask about the status of an investigation
- Nurse Aide Abuse
Investigations and Registry
SC DHEC Call 803-545-4205
- How to reschedule a Nurse Aide Certification Test?
- Before The Test Date Call NACES Plus Foundation at 800-273-3517
See Page 9 of the Candidate Hanbook.
- How to renew your certification before it expires
- How to become re-certified once a certification has lapsed/expired.
- You must test to become certified once your certification has lapsed.
See the Candidate Handbook
- How to become certified or test to become re-certified if your state approved training program has closed and you have a copy of your certificate of completion from the state approved traning program?
- How to become certified or test to become certified if your training program has been closed and you do NOT have a copy of your certificate of completion from the state approved training program?
- You must retrain and retest. See the list of State Approved Nurse Aide Training Programs.
- List of Closed State Approved Nurse Aide Training Programs by program name
- Closed State Approved Nurse Aide Training Programs
- List of Medicaid Certified Nursing Facilities by county
- Medicaid Certified Nursing Facilities
- Can Medical Assistants take the CNA test?
- Only if they have completed a state approved nurse aide training program.
- What to do if your application to test is returned by NACES because Section 8 was not completed or not completed correctly:
- Contact your training program for the correct code. The phone number of the program may be found at www.promissor.com; select "Registry Services"; choose "South Carolina Nurse Aides" from the drop down menu. There is a list of the open programs and a separate list of closed programs. If your training programs tells you they were not state approved at the time you completed the program you must retrain before testing.
- Other questions can be answered at (803) 898-2587.
- How to find information concerning Feeding Assistants
- See Section 2 of Provider Manual
- Where to go to report discrimination
- Office of Civil Rights
- See page 3 of the
Treat your closed program like an out of state training program.