Proposed Renewal of the Community Supports Waiver
The South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (SCDHHS) gives notice of the following proposed action regarding the five-year waiver renewal for the Community Supports (CS) waiver. The waiver renewal will be submitted on or before March 30, 2017. The requested effective date of the CS waiver renewal is July 1, 2017.
The following are proposed changes for the CS waiver
- Increase the number of people served through the waiver
- Revise the Medicaid Intermediate Care Facility for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities (ICF/IID) level of care criteria to clarify the developmental period for intellectual disability is before age 22
- Address the Home and Community-based Services (HCBS) Rule: South Carolina Statewide Transition Plan
- Update the performance measures for quality improvement
- Update the respite service provider qualifications to expand provider availability
- Revise the annual individual average cost cap amounts
- Per Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) direction, establish new consultation services for the vehicle modifications and assistive technology/appliances services
- Update the entrance requirements to require Medicaid eligibility to be placed on the waiting list and, per state legislation, add language for military personnel
SCDHHS will conduct a webinar and public meeting on the proposed waiver renewal and HCBS Final Rule Transition Plan for public comment:
CS Waiver Renewal Public Webinar
Dec. 22, 2016, 10:30-11:30 a.m.
CS Waiver Renewal Public Meeting
Jan. 5, 2017, 6-7 p.m.
BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina,
Building 200 8901 Farrow Road,
Columbia, SC 29203
A copy of the public notice, proposed CS waiver renewal and the HCBS Final Rule Transition Plan is available for public review at the following locations and websites:
- SCDHHS front lobby at 1801 Main Street, Columbia, SC
- All South Carolina Healthy Connections Medicaid county offices
- SCDHHS website: scdhhs.gov
- South Carolina Department of Disabilities and Special Needs website: ddsn.sc.gov
- Family Connection of South Carolina website: familyconnectionsc.org
- South Carolina Developmental Disabilities Council website: scddc.sc.gov
Written comments on the CS Waiver Renewal and the HCBS Final Rule Transition Plan may be sent to:
South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
ATTN: Michelle Abney
Division of Community Options
Post Office Box 8206
Columbia, SC 29202-8206
Comments may also be electronically submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All comments must be received by 5 p.m. Jan. 20, 2017.