Skip to main content

Public Notice of Final Action for Professional Service Fee Schedules

The South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (SCDHHS) gives notice of the following action regarding reimbursement methodologies and rates for certain services provided under the State Plan under Title XIX of the Social Security Act Medical Assistance Program (Medicaid).

Effective for dates of service on and after July 1, 2020, SCDHHS will amend the South Carolina Title XIX State Plan toupdate the fee schedule for providers indicated below.

Anesthesia and vision providers will receive base fee schedule reimbursement consistent with the Medicaid physician fee schedule adopted by SCDHHS on July 1, 2019. Epidural reimbursement will remain at current rates. Private Duty Nursing providers received a 5% rate increase in January of 2020 and will receive an additional 10% rate increase effective July 1, 2020, for a total rate increase of 15%.

In the aggregate, these actions will result in an increase in provider reimbursement. SCDHHS projects that annual aggregate Medicaid expenditures will increase by approximately $5 million (total dollars).

Copies of this notice are available at each SCDHHS Healthy Connections Medicaid office and at for public review. Additional information regarding this action is available upon request at the address cited below.

Any written comments submitted may be reviewed by the public at the SCDHHS, Division of Coverage and Benefit Design, Jefferson Square Building, 1801 Main Street, Columbia, South Carolina, Monday through Friday between 9 a.m.-5 p.m.

All Communications