Public Notice of Proposed Amendment of the Intellectual Disability/Related Disabilities Home and Community-Based Services Waiver Program
Proposed Amendment of the Intellectual Disability/Related Disabilities Home and Community-Based Services Waiver Program
The South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (SCDHHS) gives notice that it intends to file a waiver amendment with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for the Intellectual Disability/Related Disabilities (ID/RD) Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) waiver operated through the South Carolina Department of Disabilities and Special Needs (SCDDSN). The proposed effective date of this amendment is July 1, 2022.
The following is a summary of changes included in the proposed waiver amendment:
- SCDHHS is seeking to amend this waiver to raise payment rates for the following services: Personal Care I/II and Nursing.
- SCDHHS is seeking to make permanent the rate increases for Respite and Adult Day Health Care (ADHC) previously implemented through a temporary Appendix K authority.
- Section 9817 of ARPA provides states with a temporary 10% increase to the federal medical assistance percentage (FMAP) for Medicaid HCBS. This funding is intended to enhance, strengthen, and improve HCBS beyond what was available April 1, 2021. SCDHHS is amending the waiver to update the rate methodology to reflect that HCBS provider pay increases may be funded through the temporary 10% increased FMAP.
- SCDHHS is transitioning the ADHC transportation service to its Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) broker.
- Quality Assurance updates.
Information regarding the proposed changes in the renewals will be shared with the public during the following webinar:
Webinar: ID/RD Waiver Amendment Webinar
- Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 3 p.m.
A copy of this notice and copies of the proposed waiver renewal document are available for public review at the following locations and websites:
- Electronic access: www.scdhhs.gov(under “Public Notice” and “Waiver” sections)
- SCDDSN website, www.ddsn.sc.gov
- Family Connection of South Carolina website, http://www.familyconnectionsc.org
- South Carolina Developmental Disabilities Council website, www.scddc.state.sc.us
- SCDHHS central office lobby: 1801 Main Street, Columbia, SC, 29201
- SCDHHS Community Long Term Care (CLTC) regional offices
Public Comments and Responses:
If you have a question or comment, please send it to the following email or mailing address prior to 5 p.m. June 27, 2022:
Mail: Attention: Michelle Abney
Office of Waiver and Facility Services
Post Office Box 8206
Columbia, SC 29202-8206
Any written comments submitted may be reviewed by the public at SCDHHS, Office of Waiver and Facility Services, 1801 Main Street, Columbia, SC 29201 from Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Click here to download a copy of the proposed amendment.