Social Security and SSI Cost-of-Living Adjustment Increases and Re-budgeting of Cases
Effective Jan. 1, 2023, Social Security (Title II-SSA) benefit and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefit payments will include an 8.7% cost-of-living adjustment (COLA) increase. The South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (SCDHHS) is processing the COLA re-budgets during December 2022
Nursing facilities and community residential care facilities (CRCFs) will receive a form for impacted members. The forms may vary in appearance due to differences in the systems that currently hold the member’s eligibility information. Further information on the re-budgeting process and the forms facilities will receive are listed below.
- Nursing facilities will receive Form MSC002.
- For facilities that bill in Phoenix, the cost of care will be updated in Phoenix.
- Questions should be directed to the Nursing Home Provider Liaison Center at (877) 797-5409 or NursingHomePLC@bcbssc.com.
- CRCFs will receive Form MSC004.
- Section II: A and B of Form MSC004 should be left blank for COLA updates.
- The maximum payment made to a facility will increase to $1,620. The net income limit will increase to $1,699.
- The personal needs allowance (PNA) for optional state supplementation (OSS) recipients who receive recurring income only through SSI will increase by $2 to $79 per month.
- The PNA for OSS recipients who have income other than SSI will increase by $2 to $99 per month. Questions should be directed to OSS Provider Eligibility at OSSProElig@scdhhs.gov.