Third Party Liability (TPL)
Effective July 2, 2018, BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina (BCBSSC) will perform the following third party liability (TPL) services on behalf of the South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (SCDHHS):
- Other Health Insurance (OHI) verification and maintenance in the Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS);
- Health Insurance Premium Payment (HIPP) program;
- Estate Recovery;
- Special Needs Trust;
- Support services for the retro Medicare, retro health and pay and chase benefit recovery invoices; and
- Fund Recovery for provider, insurer and beneficiary refunds, which includes credit balance reviews and collections from inactive provider accounts.
Updated contact information is provided below.
Healthy Connections, P.O. Box 100127, Columbia, SC 29202-3127
- General mail: Healthy Connections, P.O. Box 101110, Columbia, SC 29211
- All Refund Checks: Healthy Connections, P.O. Box 8355, Columbia, SC 29202
- Casualty, Estate Recovery and HIPP correspondence:
Telephone and Fax Numbers:
|Other Health Insurance||1-888-289-0709, option 5, option 1||803-252-0870 Fax|
|Fund Recovery||1-888-289-0709, option 5, option 1||803-462-2582 Fax|
|General Correspondence||1-888-289-0709, option 5, option 1||803-462-2583 Fax|
|Casualty||1-888-289-0709, option 5, option 2||803-462-2579 Fax|
|Estate Recovery||1-888-289-0709, option 5, option 3||803-462-2579 Fax|
|HIPP||1-888-289-0709, option 5, option 4||803-462-2580 Fax|
|Special Needs Trust||1-888-289-0709, option 5, option 5||803-462-2579 Fax|
Providers are encouraged to voluntarily report and refund TPL resources to SCDHHS upon discovery. For more information, please review the TPL Supplement the provider manual available at www.scdhhs.gov.