Healthy Connections Prime Advocate (Ombudsman)
The Healthy Connections Prime Advocate is the ombudsman for people enrolled in Healthy Connections Prime. Their role is filled by the South Carolina Department on Aging, and they can assist you if you are having problems with your plan. The Healthy Connections Prime Advocate's services are free.
Examples of problems that the Healthy Connections Prime Advocate can help you with include:
- Helping with services and billing issues
- Investigating complaints (grievances) and appeals in a fair and impartial manner for the benefit of our members
- Helping you understand the process and your options for appeals and grievances (complaints)
- Helping you request a State Fair Hearing
- Helping you understand your rights as a member of your plan
- Helping you if you feel that you are being asked to leave the plan for a health-related reason
The contact information for the Healthy Connections Prime Advocate is below:
Address: 1301 Gervais Street, Ste. 350, Columbia, SC 29201
Toll-Free Telephone Number: 1-844-477-4632
Hours: Monday through Friday; 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.