Become a Medicaid Provider
Providers delivering Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) services must be enrolled with SCDHHS as a Medicaid provider to deliver and bill for Medicaid state plan benefit ASD services.
To enroll with SCDHHS as a Medicaid provider:
- Prep for Enrollment: Providers will need a national provider identification (NPI) and taxonomy number.
- Apply for individual National Provider Identifier (NPI) number.
- Use the correct taxonomy code as listed in the provider manual.
- Complete and submit the Medicaid provider enrollment application.
- SCDHHS will notify providers of successful enrollment.
*Note, BCBA and BCaBA providers must enroll individually. If there is a group practice, a group enrollment must also be completed.
Enrolling with an MCO
To enroll with one of the managed care organizations (MCOs), a provider must be an approved Medicaid provider. Providers need to contact the MCO directly to complete the network enrollment process. Providers are not required to enroll with an MCO, but they may not be reimbursed by the MCO for services provided to beneficiaries enrolled in managed care.
To enroll with an MCO, contact each MCO to begin the process of contracting, credentialing and enrolling.
MCO Contact Information
- Absolute Total Care - (866) 433-6041, absolutetotalcare.com
- Healthy Blue (formerly BlueChoice Healthplan Medicaid) - (866) 757-8286, healthybluesc.com
- First Choice by Select Health - (800) 741-6605, selecthealthofsc.com
- Molina Health Care of South Carolina - (855) 237-6178, molinahealthcare.com
- WellCare of South Carolina - (888) 588-9842, wellcare.com