Proposed Renewal of the Medically Complex Children's Waiver
The South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (SCDHHS) gives notice of the following proposed action regarding the five year waiver renewal for the Medically Complex Children's (MCC) waiver. The waiver renewal will be submitted on or before Sept. 1, 2016. The requested effective date of the MCC waiver renewal is Jan. 1, 2017.
The following are proposed changes for the MCC Waiver:
- Revise the Medicaid Intermediate Care Facilities for individuals with Intellectual Disability (ICF/IID) level of care criteria to clarify the developmental period is manifested before age 22 (from 18 years old);
- Address the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) HCBS Rule Transition Plan for setting requirements for home and community-based services received in a Pediatric Medical Day Care setting;
- Per legislation, revise the waiver entrance requirements to allow eligible family members of a member of the armed services to retain their status in the waiver or on the processing list;
- Revise the waiver performance measures to enhance quality assurance outcomes.
SCDHHS will conduct four regional public meetings of the proposed waiver renewal and HCBS Rule Transition Plan for public comment. Please see schedule below:
MCC Waiver Renewal Public Meetings
June 2, 2016
Florence/Darlington Technical College
100 Building, Room 109
2715 W. Lucas Street
Florence, SC 29501
June 7, 2016
Trident Technical College
700 Rivers Avenue
North Charleston, SC 29406
June 9, 2016
Greenville Health System
Medical Staff Auditorium
701 Grove Road
Greenville, SC 29605
June 14, 2016
BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina Building 200
8901 Farrow Road
Columbia, SC 29203
A copy of the public notice, proposed MCC waiver renewal and the HCBS Rule Transition Plan is available for public review at the following locations and websites:
- SCDHHS front lobby at 1801 Main Street, Columbia, S.C.
- SCDHHS website: scdhhs.gov
- South Carolina Department of Disabilities and Special Needs website: ddsn.sc.gov
- Family Connection of South Carolina website: familyconnectionsc.org
- South Carolina Developmental Disabilities Council website: scddc.sc.gov
Written comments on the MCC Waiver Renewal and the HCBS Rule Transition Plan may be sent to: Division of Community Options ATTN: Michelle White South Carolina Department Health and Human Services Post Office Box 8206 Columbia, SC 29202-8206
Comments may also be electronically submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All comments must be received by July 15, 2016.